Dr. Vandna Rai
Senior Scientist (Biotechnology)
Email Id :vandnarai2006[at]gmail[dot]com
Phone :011 25841787 ext 307
- Screening of rice and wheat for salt and drought tolerance.
- Allele mining of functionally important genes for salt and drought tolerance.
- Expression profiling of tolerant lines for salt and drought tolerance.
- Study of post-trancriptional regulation for salinity stress tolerance in rice.
- Rungaroon Waditee, Md. Nazmul H. Bhuiyan, Vandna Rai, Kenji Aoki, Yoshito Tanaka, Takashi Hibino, Shigetoshi Suzuki, Jun Takano, Andre T. Jagendorf, Tetsuko Takabe, & Teruhiro Takabe 2005. Genes for direct methylation of glycine provides high level of glycine betaine and abiotic stress tolerance in Synechococcus and Arabidopsis. PNAS102: 1318-1323.
- Vandna Rai, Naveen Kumar Sharma and Ashwani K. Rai 2006 Growth and cellular ion content of a salt sensitive symbiotic system Azolla pinnata - Anabaena azollae under NaCl-stress. J Plant Physiol (2006)163:937-944
- Nazmul H. Bhuiyan, Akira Hamada, Nana Yamada, Vandna Rai, Takashi Hibino & Teruhiro Takabe 2007 Regulation of betaine synthesis by precursor supply and choline monooxygenase expression in Amaranthus tricolour. J Exp Bot Vol. 58, No. 15/16, 4203–4212.
- Teruhiro Takabe, Vandna Rai and Takashi Hibino 2006. Metabolic engineering of glycinebetaine In: Genetic Engineering of Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food. Eds. Ashwani K Rai and Teruhiro Takabe. Kluwer Academic Publisher, New York.
- Pandit A, Bal S, Vandna Rai , Kumar V, Gautam R, Singh R, Sharma P, Singh A, Gaikwad K, Sarma TR, Mahapatra T and Singh NK 2009. Combining QTL mapping and transcriptome profiling of bulked RILs for identification of candidate genes for salt tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L). Molecular Genetics and Genomics DOI 10.1007/s00438-010-0551-6.
- Awadhesh Pandit, Vandna Rai, Tilak R. Sharma, Prakash C. Sharma, and Nagendra K. Singh 2011 Differentially Expressed Genes in Sensitive and Tolerant Rice Varieties in Response to Salt-Stress. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
- Vandna Rai, Narendra Tuteja and Teruhiro Takabe 2011. Transporters and abiotic stress tolerance in plants. "Improving Crop Resistance to Abiotic Stress" by Wiley-Blackwell, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co., Germany, editor N. Tuteja.
|Name of the Project||Funding Agency|
|Bioprospecting of genes and allele mining for abiotic stress tolerance||
NAIP ICAR 2009-2013
|Allele Mining for Agronomically Important Genes in Wild Rice Germplasm and Stress Tolerant Landraces of Rice Growing in the Hot Spots||
National Professor Project of Prof. N. K. Singh.
|Metabolic engineering of choline precursors and construction of abiotic stress tolerant plants||
DST India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme
|Gene and protein expression study in salt-tolerant and sensitive cultivars of indica rice||
DST Young Scientist Fast Track grant.