My lab is interested to understand the molecular mechanisms related to salinity stress tolarence of rice and it wild relatives such as Oryza coaratata and
Oryza glaberrima. I am particularly interested to find out novel pathways, miRNAs and long non-coding RNAs that are responsible for salinity stress tolarence in rice. Finally the goal is to transfer those important genes/miRNA from wild species to salinity sensative genotype of rice.
Awards & Honors
A. Fellowship and Award
1. Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science and Technology, Kolkata.
2. Fellow of the Society of Applied Biotechnology, Karnataka
3. Young scientist award given by Japanese Tea Promotion Society, Shizuoka, Japan, 2004
4. BOYSCAT by Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India, 2007-2008
5. DBT overseas Associate-ship by Department of Biotechnology Govt of India, 2007-2008
6. International training under HRD program of NAIP, ICAR, 2011
7. Elected Member, National Academy of Science, Allahabad
8. Elected Member, Plant Tissue Culture Association of India
1. Life member of Society of Biotechnology (INDIA), Kochin
2. Life member of Indian Science Congress Association, Calcutta
3. Life member of Society of Biological Chemist, Bangalore, India
4. Life member of ADNAT, CCMB, Hyderabad
5. Life member of Indian Society of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, IARI, New Delhi-110012
6. Life member of Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding, IARI, New Delhi-110012.
C. Editorial Board Member
1. Scientific Report
2. PLOS One
3. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter
4. Acta Physiologia Plantarum
Book written as sole author: Breeding and Biotechnology of Tea and its Wild Species, ISBN: 978-81-322-1703-9 (Print) 978-81-322-1704-6 Springer India Pvt Limited, New Delhi.
Selected Publications only.
- 1. Ganie SA, Dey N, Mondal TK (2016) Promoter methylation regulates the abundance of osa-miR393a in contrasting rice genotypes under salinity stress. Functional & integrative genomics 16 (1), 1-11
- 2. SA Ganie, MJ Borgohain, K Kritika, A Talukdar, DR Pani, Mondal TK (2016) Assessment of genetic diversity of Saltol QTL among the rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 1:1-8
- 3. Das A, Mukhopadhyay M and Mondal TK (2015) Generation and characterization of expressed sequence tags in young roots of Assam tea Biologia Plantarum 60 (1), 48-54
- 4. Das A, Chaudhury S, Kalita MC and Mondal T.K (2015) Computational identification, target prediction and validation of conserved miRNAs in Insulin plant (Costus pictus D. Don). Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology 3, 10.1007/s12010-015-1891-9
- 5. Mondal TK, Ganei SA, Debnath A B (2015) Identification of Novel and Conserved MicroRNAs Related to salinity stress of halophyte, Oryza coarctata, a wild relative of rice PLOS One 10 (10), e0140675.
- 6. Kuttubuddin A M, Debnath AB, Ganie SA, Mondal TK (2015) identification and analysis of novel salt responsive candidate gene based SSRs (cgSSRs) from rice (Oryza sativa L.). BMC Plant Biology, 15:122
7. Ganie SA and Mondal TK (2015) Genome-wide development of novel miRNA-based microsatellite markers of rice (Oryza sativa) for genotyping applications. Molecular Breeding 35, 51-60
9. Ganie SA, Karmakar J, Roychowdhury R, Mondal TK, Dey N (2014) Assessment of genetic diversity in salt-tolerant rice and its wild relatives for ten SSR loci and one allele mining primer of salT gene located on 1st chromosome Plant Syst Evol 300:1741–1747
10. Bansal KC, Lenka SK, Mondal TK (2014) Genomic resources for breeding crops with enhanced abiotic stress tolerance. Plant Breeding. 133:1- 11
11. Mondal TK, Ganie SA, Rana MK, Sharma TR ( 2014) Genome-wide Analysis of Zinc Transporter Genes of Maize (Zea mays ). Plant Mol Biol Rep. 32 (2), 605-616
12. Mondal TK, Ganie SA, Neraj RR and Rana MK (2014) Cloning and in silico analysis of a gene encoding a putative β-carbonic anhydrase from cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L. Walp). J of Plant Interaction. Vol. 9, No. 1, 504–513
13. Das A, Das S, Mondal TK (2012) Analysis of differentially expressed transcriptome of tea (Camellia assamica L.) root under drought stress.
Plant Mol Biol Reporter. 30:1088-1101
14. Mukhopadyay M, Bantawa P, Das A, Sarkar B, Ghosh PD, Mondal TK (2012). Changes of growth, photosynthesis and alteration of leaf antioxidative defence system of tea (Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze) seedling under Aluminum stress. Biometals. 25:1141–1154.