Dr. Sharmistha Barthakur
Email Id :sbthakur[at]yahoo[dot]com
Phone :011-25841787 Ext 280,276
Ph D: Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
Post Doc: University of Texas, Austin, USA
Plant abiotic stress tolerance in a systems biology approach through various genomics, proteomics and metabolomics tools
Awards & Honors
- Jawaharlal Nehru Award (2000) for outstanding Ph.D. research in Plant Biotechnology conferred by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, India.
- Indian Science Congress Association Young Scientist Award 1999-2000.
- Barthakur, S., Babu, V. and Bansal, K. C. (2002) Bioengineering for reducing post-harvest losses in vegetable crops (Review) In: Emerging scenario in vegetables research and development Ed G Kallo and Kirti Singh, Research Periodicals and Book Publishing House, Texas, USA.
- Barthakur, S. Babu, V. and Bansal, K. C.(2001). Over expression of osmotin induces proline accumulation and confers tolerance to osmotic stress in transgenic tobacco J. Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology 10, 31.
- Bansal, K C., Barthakur, S. and Roy, S. K. (2000). Post harvest biotechnology for fruits and vegetables (Review) In: Biotechnology and its application in Indian horticulture editor: Ghosh, S. P Narosa Publications, New Delhi.
- Barthakur, S., Mondal, T. K., Parveen, S. S., Guha, A., Sen, P., Barthakur, A. and Deka, P. C.(1998). Isolation of chloroplast DNA from tea Camellia sinensis. Indian J. Exp Biology 36,1165.
- Barthakur, S., Mondal, T. K., Barthakur, A. and Deka, P. C.(1998). Variation in peroxidase and esterase isoenzymes in tea leaves Two and a bud, 1.
- Barthakur, S., Roy, M. K. and Ghosh, A C.(1996). Steroid transformation by Mycobacterium sp with altered response to antibiotics J. Basic Microbiology (Germany) 1996,42,36
- Barthakur, S., Roy, M. K. and Ghosh, A C. Sterol side chain cleavage by fusants of Alcaligenes faecalis and Arthbacter oxydans. Folia Microbiology (Czech Republic) 1997,130.