Development of haploid inducer line in Brassica juncea through engineering of CENH3 gene
Awards & Honors
- IARI Merit Medal award for Ph.D. research in 2017
- ICAR-SRF (2012) for Ph.D.
- ICAR-JRF (2008) for M.Sc.
· Watts A.,Bhadouria J, Kumar V & Bhat SR. (2016). Assessment of Arabidopsis thaliana CENH3 promoter in Brassica juncea for development of haploid inducer lines Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 54:425-430
· Watts A, Kumar V, Bhat SR. (2016). Centromeric histone H3 protein: from basic study to plant breeding applications J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol.DOI 10.1007/s13562-016-0368-4
· Naresh V, Singh SK, Watts A, Kumar P, Kumar V, Rao KRSS, Bhat SR(2016). Mutations in the mitochondrial orf108 render Moricandia arvensis restorer ineffective in restoring male fertility to Brassica oxyrrhina-based cytoplasmic male sterile line of B. juncea. Mol Breeding 36:67 DOI 10.1007/s11032-016-0489-4
· Watts A, Kumari A, Muthusamy S K, Meena RP (2015) Genetically Modified Crops: Need for Rational Evaluation. Science Reporter 52(11):14-17
|Name of the Project||Funding Agency|
|Development of haploid inducer line in Brassica oleracea var. botrytis through CRISPR-Cas mediated engineering of Centromeric Histone H3 (CENH3) gene||